Thursday, October 20, 2011

The History of X

I grew up in California. I miss the weather there, but not the high taxes. I've lived in several different states, sometimes I think I actually like the moving.I lived several years in Washington State, thanks to our US Navy where I was stationed for over 7 years. I even stayed behind for a few years until I decided to move East young woman, to Minnesota, the Land of 10,000 taxes! What? lakes you say, nay if you have ever lived there then you know it is affectionately called the land of 10,000 taxes.

Don't get me wrong about Washington, I miss parts of it too, mostly just my friends who still live there though.

Minnesota was fun, but it didn't last long. A few things of note in case you ever get to go:
Best Pizza: Checkerboard on Snelling Ave in St. Paul (http://www.checkerboardpizza.net/)
Best Trick-or-Treat: Grand Ave in St. Paul
Best Mall: MOA of course!
Best College: Innver Hills CC & The College of St. Catherine's (tie!)
Best Mall Food: Cafe @ Nordstroms in MOA
Best Bread: Breadsmiths (http://www.breadsmithmn.com/)
Best Grocery Store: Rainbow
Best Chinese: Jun Bo (http://www.jun-bo.com/about.htm)

Lived in North Crackalacka too. Wasn't really a fan, I missed the winter but loved the central air!

My oldest son has a Pervasive Developmental Disorder and is not able to handle being mainstream. My middle daughter does just about anything for attention between the extra for the oldest and the young age of the baby. The baby is almost 2 and misses her daddy and can't wait for her daily Skype :)

We love and Miss our Sailor. Only 1,083 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment