Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hellllllloooooo Spring! (FINALLY!!)

I may have just given away my prized secret location. I've decided that we finally have spring weather! I'm excited to plant! I had the Sister Missionaries over for dinner Friday night after they and the girls weeded one of the flower beds. I must say that it was nice to see it all cleaned up!

I've decided that the flower beds will be used for planting the flower of my home state, California, the California Poppy. Oh, how I miss those beautiful orange, silky beauties. I haven't seen one other than in pictures in about 16 years! I miss seeing them carpet the rolling hills of northern California. I bought about 5 packs of seeds per bed! It's my secret wish that they take root and over populate the yard, then the block, the town, and then the entire state! I know it's never going to happen like that, but I plan to plant, plant, plant!

The next mission is to clean out the other flower bed and plant, you guessed it! MORE POPPY'S!! I figure by then it will be time to dig up and till out some of the yard for the actual planting of our beloved fruits and veggies just in time for local planting season! Pictures and updates to come!

This picture was taken from the Graham Owen Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment