Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

It's been an interesting Thanksgiving this year. I did the Adopt-A-Sailor thing again this year, but it didn't turn out as I hoped. Instead I ended up with one sailor who worked nights coming and two sailors deciding to neither come nor tell me. I really hope they don't sign up for Christmas because they most assuredly are not welcome to come to my house. I would also feel poorly if someone else drew the short stick do to speak by having them assigned. 
I don't remember who said it and frankly after all the overtime I'm too lazy to look it up... but, MANNERS MATTER! 
I don't care who you are or what you do, manners are important. It is important to consider the feelings and plans of others. If you sign up saying that you want to come to someone else's house for Thanksgiving, then be sure to contact them back to confirm. After you've confirmed that you're coming, do it. Especially when you need a ride! If you're not going to come, at least call or e-mail to say you're not coming. Don't just wait until they call you to find out where you are!
On the other hand. We had a great visit with my oldest son. We played games and talked and I obtained a list of a few more things that he wants. It was a sad good-bye, but only good-bye until Saturday. I got off of work early, so I actually got to relax. Picked up some things he oldest needed then headed back out for another visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment