Sunday, December 8, 2013

Visiting Santa

Went to the base tree lighting the other night. It was fun! Free Christmas flicks, those older claymation ones from before Rozzy was born. Boy, she was sucked in! Proof again that TV & movies were better before 1990. 
She got to decorate a gingerbread man... and eat it too, since I didn't want any more mess in the car! MWR also provided some nice DIY foam snowman ornaments. Rozzy's favorite part of which was applying the sparkly 'snow'. 
Next came the line for Santa... Now, that line made me think we we're almost there about 4 times! It was trickery I tell you! The line wound through the p-way in front if ITT, through the library, out through the vestibule and down into a room that was somewhat basement-y only it was HOT! I thought I had been shoved onto a room that didn't have a thermostat, just never ending heat pumping in! 
Half way through I dreamed of standing outside in the cold and pouring rain! Two-thirds of the way in and I was wondering why we came? and why did I leave my anxiety meds at home? Rozzy had written her note to Santa and had been whining like every other kid inside there for the last 90 minutes! I, like many of the moms and dads there, was itching to get 'er done! 
Finally we get inside and Rozzy is suddenly taken aback. Not our of a sudden fear of actually seeing Santa, but because Mrs. Claus was there too. As soon as Rozzy noticed her, she stopped dead in her tracks! I finally managed to convince her that Mrs. Claus was ok, so she hopped up in Santas lap, smiled her awesome big smile and SNAP! it was done. All that waiting in line, for less than 5 minutes with Santa!! 
Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful that MWR did this, but next year we are going straight to the Santa line!!

No comments:

Post a Comment