Monday, November 12, 2012

What do you mean I'm not entitled?!

I believe that I AM entitled. I am a veteran, I'm not asking for 'special' treatment, though a thank you would be nice, even though it often makes me blush and try to change the subject...

I do however believe that all veterans are entitled! The government has an obligation to them, one and all regardless of gender, rating, rank or branch of service...

To healthcare for their injuries, be they mental or physical because of their service to our country. 

I believe that they (the government), should do more to help homeless veterans who suffer from a mental illness because they were sent to war and are now no longer able to interact with other members of the population without putting them at risk or causing themselves so much anxiety that they can't move from the spot they are standing/siting in. Those that live under a bridge, in a paper box, in a homeless community, in a forrest, etc. because that is the only way that they feel safe. 

I believe that when a veteran or active duty member has lost a(n) limb, they should be given the very best possible prosthetic, regardless of the cost, because they gave that limb defending our countries population and ideals; or even helping the population of another country to obtain 'We the People'. 

Alas, this is a topic near and dear to my heart, and I could be on this particular soap box for the rest of my life, so I will just get off of it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment