Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Support

I'm SO SICK of miserable, stay at home navy wives, be they mothers or not. There are good ones, EXCELLENT ones even. Like Deb who used to be the OMBUDSMAN for the Machinists command, but not this woman with a little girl mentality that replaced her...

Why do so many wives feel the need to tear each other down? I admit that I am by no means perfect, far from it in fact. I ask Heavenly Father for forgiveness every time that I remember being bitchy or snarky towards anyone else, but especially a fellow military wife. Many wives will say that we have the toughest job in the military, and that might be the perception of that wife, but I can tell you... it's not. I've lived both sides of this coin. For those of you that don't already know, I served my country through the birth of 2 children, through becoming a single mom, through the death of my mother whilst deployed to I don't even remember where, through Desert Fox, through Operations Iraqi & Enduring Freedom, through 3 ships and 2 official deployments, so many underway's, UNREP's, RAS, Flight Ops, Cleaning Stations, ShellBack initiation (YES my certificate has the mermaid without the shells covering her breasts!), Golden ShellBack, DRB, XOI, Good Conduct medals, and so much more than I could ever list here, that being a navy wife is SO much easier. I get to sleep in my own bed every night if I want. I can do whatever I want even if it's against the law and not worry about loosing my job. Though what I do on base will always reflect on my husband, I can pretty much do whatever I want without fear or repercussions like, restriction to the ship for 45 days, extra duty, being put in the brig (navy jail) or going to the brig and only receiving bread and water to eat! I can chose what I eat each day, not some random other person onboard the ship. I can see the light of day, I can call out sick. I CAN CALL OUT SICK.

I digress, I have left the original topic!

I try not to bemoan my troubles to the world to hear. I do my best not to be a bitch to other wives, especially those asking for help unless they're asking how to screw over their deployed spouse, then the gloves are OFF! I would like to think that otherwise I am a good person. I'll watch your kid while you go to the doctor or while you go into labor. I'll help you clean, let you cry on my shoulder because you miss him so much. In return I only ask that you not try to embarrass me or chide me, for I am a 34 year old grown woman, not some 16 year old child. I have things to deal with too, please be there for me and just like your mother should have taught you... If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. So when I ask for help, or post something I have for sale, please just pass me by if you can't say anything nice or supportive to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment